Main Event – Austin
13301 N. US 183
AUSTIN, TX 78750
Bus parking in front of parking lot close to Hwy 183.
Instrument cases should be left on bus.
- Performances are located in a multi-purpose room without a stage.
- Performance capacity – 130
- Non-Competitive Performance inside Main Event
- Critique/Performance Review
- Participation Award
- Meal includes 2 slices of pizza and soft drink
- Enjoy 4 hours of Unlimited Bowling, Laser Tag, Arcade games, Billiards, Glow Golf, and Rock Wall
- What to bring – one set of original scores and a set up chart
- Provided – Music stands, up to 4 sections of choral risers, director podium, bass drum, up to 4 timpani, electric piano. You must indicate to your site host prior to the event what equipment you need. If media playback is necessary, you must provide a media player and any adapter needed to connect to a 3.5mm stereo male plug/cable. Please bring any other items that you need.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will have 25 minutes to set up, warm up, perform, get comments from judge and exit the performance area. When you are ready to begin, indicate this to the adjudicator, and he or she will announce your group to the audience. You may play any number of selections that you wish, most groups play two or three pieces. When you finish, the adjudicator will talk to you and the group and give comments. They will then present you with your trophy. The adjudicator will select an “outstanding” section, and those students will be awarded. There are no ratings given, and no written comments.